Forum   

The Antisocial Network

Elaine
4/19/2024 10:40 pm GMT

The Antisocial Network

Very interesting movie on netflix. I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

Well medicated for your protection. ॐ ♡

Elaine
4/19/2024 10:43 pm UK

Re: The Antisocial Network

forgot the link

The Antisocial Network: Memes to Mayhem

Anonymous Coward
4/19/2024 10:56 pm UK

Havent seen it yet. Im watching Fallout it just dropped 8 episodes. Im on #2 its pretty good.

Sweet Baby Cheesus They Live
4/20/2024 12:14 am UK

Zuck is totally a genuine biological human man.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WkCecpH2GAo

Flatulent Poodle Fucker
4/20/2024 4:23 am UK

Avatar for Flatulent Poodle Fucker

Libtards can’t meme

Anonymous Coward
4/20/2024 11:24 am UK

I turned it off once it got political but that's par for the course for netflix.

Some major discrepancies in the 4chan to Anonymous transition also.

I remember things differently, yes I was there while this was happening.

They never Mentioned Barrett Brown, who is now serving 105 years in prison for his role in Anonymous.

Nor they did they mention SABU the leader of Lulzsec who turned FBI informant and helped bring anons to trial during the occupy era.

And they never mentioned Guccifer. Anon Royalty. In case you forgot, hes the one that hacked George Bush

And they seemed to focus on the Nazi movement within 4chan and 8chan but failed to disclose most of those people identify as Liberal voters.

Elaine
4/20/2024 10:07 pm UK

"I remember things differently, yes I was there while this was happening."

Me too. Agreed.

Elaine
4/20/2024 10:18 pm UK

"Some major discrepancies in the 4chan to Anonymous transition also."

When most of that was going on I was writing high-traffic sales websites for the music industry, sex furniture, etc. Even real estate sites. So I was more stuck at the business end of coding rather than teenagers yucking things up for the lulz. I started coding in 1980, even before aol, LOL. Hell, I remember hacking the modem with a whistle from cap'tain crunch cereal box. In those times, talking to a computer on the west coast without long distance charges was a great accomplishment.

So, I wasn't really paying attention to 4chan. After 1979 when I aced pong, I lost interest in gaming. Dark web, meh. I remember goatse. (don't look it up)

smiley

0x171
4/20/2024 10:24 pm UK

I tried watching it, so much cringe and flashbacks :chuckle:

Elaine
4/20/2024 10:29 pm UK

But yeah, the movie was interesting, but slanted. It's interesting what they did NOT include.

But things have changed a lot. It's a long time since we could hack the date/time on a file by removing the rom-bios chip. But I guess I'm just old. I was an adult with kids working full time while these guys in the movie were in diapers.

So now I have to re-code this website because the new php version's backwards-compatibility sucks ass. I am re-writing 20 year old data structures... basically going back to the days before databases because the web hosts are so desperate to make more cash that they limit database connectivity.

smiley

Anonymous Coward
4/21/2024 12:05 am UK

There's a free AI site called POE dot com, lots of AI bots in there, you'll have to explore, but I found one a while back that converts code from one Computer language to another. Might be helpful for you might not.

There a couple in there I use to write the songs I make. The I edit them some and feed them into another AI that generates the music, cheap thrills. But are politically correct Bots and censor lots of things. Farts, poop ect lol

I was early 50s when the occupy movement was going on.

Anonymous Coward
4/21/2024 12:23 am UK

I tried watching it, so much cringe and flashbacks :chuckle:
-------------------------------------------------------------

Im watching Fallout right now, on episode 4 of 8.

If you like cheesy sci-fi with a modern twist you will enjoy this.

Anonymous Coward
4/21/2024 12:32 am UK

Another thing about the movie there was no mention of those annoying little B@stards "The Script Kiddies"

Elaine
4/21/2024 12:39 am UK

I suspect "script kiddies" is a term they're too young to know.

smiley

Elaine
4/21/2024 12:42 am UK

I haven't watched Fallout. Maybe later.

I dunno, the title fucks with me. I remember being scared to death as a kid when they did the nuclear attack drills in elementary school. They made us crouch under the flimsy desks and cover our eyes, as in Duck & Cover.

Anonymous Coward
4/21/2024 12:43 am UK

Thats what they called themselves.

That's what the original Bunger claimed he/she was part of.

Anonymous Coward
4/21/2024 12:47 am UK

Yeah I remember the duck and cover days too.

Fallout is like a combination of Westworld and Marvels Wandavision.

Cheesy with Cheesy 40s music during some of the scenes. I didn't think I would like it at first, but after i made thru the first episode and they started tying the characters together it's hilarious.

Anonymous Coward
4/21/2024 1:00 am UK

Here's a Trailer for Fallout if anyone is interested,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-mugKDQDlg

Elaine
4/21/2024 3:41 am UK

You're right. Fallout is seriously fucked.

smiley

Nowie
4/21/2024 6:38 am UK

I thought it was fascinating, I was totally spellbound having only been to 4chan once or twice. But when I learned of some "things" that were posted there, I decided it wasn't a "me" place.

It ties in nicely to the common theme among Communists of breaking the system to rebuild it and incorporates a high degree of asymmetrical warfare adapted to US politics, only with the Republican party co-opting the movement for political gain.

I've noticed one very disenfranchised buddy go totally onboard with Q even after I told him I was told it was 4chan trolls. He rigorously defends Q due to his former leanings towards Communism for self-interest which was odd that he'd claim that Conservative Christianity appealed to him.

A lot of disenfranchised and disempowered people always want to change leaders, and this has been a trope since the signing of the Magna Carta if not earlier. I find it unbelievable that "western" people would still cling to antiquated notions of relative poverty, given the vast resources available to even the homeless.

Inevitably, every would be revolutionary gets sacrificed by their new ruler fearing being overthrown. It's usually the perceived misery is worse than the actual misery, with most would be revolutionaries not so much suffering rather than a lack of hope in the prospect of a better future. I'm aware of the irony in my life given it's me posting this.

A famous quote by H Jackson Brown Jr.
"Never deprive someone of hope, it may be all they have."

Too many people try to depress people accepting things they wouldn't otherwise to make a sale.

Thus, I believe Trump may very well get a second term, although I hope not.

Elaine
4/21/2024 10:44 pm UK

"A lot of disenfranchised and disempowered people always want to change leaders, and this has been a trope since the signing of the Magna Carta if not earlier."

True, that. I have been reading what we used to call a "hysterical historical" book, A Pillar of Iron by Taylor Caldwell.

Caldwell could read Latin and Greek from a young age growing up in England. Her books on ancient Rome are good ones ... makes you realize that politics hasn't changed much in 3,000 years. This book's main character is Marcus Tullius Cicero, who was the consul of Rome at one point.

It's funny reading ancient documents where these old gangsters say the same shit modern politicians say today.

Nowie
4/21/2024 11:35 pm UK

Mrs Elaine

It's funny reading ancient documents where these old gangsters say the same shit modern politicians say today.

Politics is kind of boring, (Well now anyway, it just amounts to high school status games.) back in Ancient Rome and Greece they had flowery language and even Machiavelli used concepts foreign to modern politicians, despite Machiavelli promoting the use of base language to appeal to the widest variety of voters. (Aka the common denominator.)

Reading a treatise by Cicero is clearly a work of art, compared to Trumpypoo's rantings about China. Which can be summarised by "China is the "other" and Trumptards must hate them because the Chinese are economically attacking America, by selling the Americans cheap stuff to bolster the American purchasing power."

The average Trumptard is too stoopid to realise they're an insane imbecile. It's like Trumptards never passed 3rd grade.

John D Rockerfeller would be celebrating in hell if he could see modern America.

Anonymous Coward
4/22/2024 11:30 am UK

I've noticed something lately that seems to be recurring in every movie I watch, They are all filmed in apocalyptic style settings, dilapidated houses, warehouses factories and stores.

These are not sets they are building this is what America really looks like.

Elaine
4/22/2024 9:34 pm UK

"I've noticed something lately that seems to be recurring in every movie I watch, They are all filmed in apocalyptic style settings, dilapidated houses, warehouses factories and stores."

I don't know what it looks like where you live, but Shithole, GA looks exactly like that.

Anonymous Coward
4/22/2024 10:47 pm UK

I don't know what it looks like where you live
-----------------------------------------------

Im just outside of Waynesboro Ga. And yes here and Augusta look that way too.

Elaine
4/22/2024 11:58 pm UK

"There a couple in there I use to write the songs I make."

I wonder if AI could get rid of gated reverb?

Elaine
4/23/2024 12:01 am UK

"Im just outside of Waynesboro Ga. And yes here and Augusta look that way too."

Same in metro Atlanta. Lots of buildings damaged by tornados that never got repaired. Still there with no windows, no roof. It's like there's a huge difference between what the land owners are trying to sell it for (half a million bucks or more), and what it's actually worth (maybe 20k or 30k).

Anonymous Coward
4/23/2024 10:51 am UK

"I wonder if AI could get rid of gated reverb?"

How to Use AI to Automatically Remove Breath, Static, and Unwanted Noise for Free with Audacity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hHR15NZXDI

Anonymous Coward
4/23/2024 5:16 pm UK

OOPS I broke the interwbs, Sorry

Elaine
4/23/2024 6:18 pm UK

there ya go

Anonymous Coward
4/23/2024 8:32 pm UK

Thank you

Anonymous Coward
4/24/2024 1:00 am UK

https://youtu.be/5mpTPuMcAjA?si=9V_vbj8sT6UAKEGv

Duke-Nuk-em
4/24/2024 11:56 am UK

I wrote this song about Fallout and then let A.I. create the music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McHIZ1c4i1w

Elaine
4/24/2024 2:29 pm UK

Anonymous Coward
4/25/2024 12:19 pm UK

Thank you