Forum   
Page 1, 2, 3

The Movie Thread - Whats Good To Watch

Roger Ebert
4/28/2024 2:03 pm GMT

The Movie Thread - Whats Good To Watch

Just watched 'The Devil All the Time"

A young man devoted to protecting his loved ones must face off against corruption and sinister characters in a postwar backwoods town.
smiley

Anonymous Coward
4/28/2024 2:46 pm UK

Re: The Movie Thread - Whats Good To Watch

IMDB . com

Personal:
-Night of the Living Dead
-Carrie
-Cabin in the Woods (very campy)
- More Stephen King: Maximum Overdrive; Shawshank; Pet Sematary; the mist;

I'm not a rom-com kinda gal. I like suspense

Anonymous Coward
4/28/2024 2:52 pm UK

Dammit. If a movie is over 15 years old we should be able to watch it for free.

Needful Things. I read the book and the movie actually did it justice.

Anonymous Coward
4/28/2024 3:16 pm UK

'The Devil All the Time" is not a rom-com. In fact it could have easily been written by King.

Made me say WTF? several times

Spoiler alert:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Devil_All_the_Time_(film)

Anonymous Coward
4/28/2024 6:15 pm UK

Cocaine Crabs from Outer Space 2022

When a couple of intergalactic space crabs land on Earth, they encounter the one thing they didn't expect - A duo of dumb frat boys force-feeding them cocaine. As it turns out, cocaine gives space crabs an overbearing impulse to kill

Anonymous Coward
4/29/2024 12:01 pm UK

Don't Look Up

Two low-level astronomers must go on a giant media tour to warn humankind of an approaching comet that will destroy planet Earth.

Director
Adam McKay

Writers
Adam McKay David Sirota

Stars
Leonardo DiCaprio Jennifer Lawrence Meryl Streep

Anonymous Coward
4/29/2024 3:13 pm UK

Suspect Zero

FBI agent Thomas Mackelway (Aaron Eckhart) is transferred to Albuquerque, N.M., after he mishandles the arrest of a serial killer (Keith Campbell).

Then he is called to investigate the gruesome murder of a salesman (Kevin Chamberlin), who turns out to be a serial killer himself.

After two more killings, Thomas and his partner (Carrie-Anne Moss) conclude that Benjamin O'Ryan (Ben Kingsley), a former FBI agent with psychic abilities, is responsible for the deaths.
smiley

Anonymous Coward
4/30/2024 5:33 am UK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMJa71nyVEc

Final Approach
It was THE FIRST movie with digital sound and makes God out to be a scientist.

Magus
4/30/2024 5:40 am UK

My go to movies:
Blade runner
Terminator
Drive
Die hard
Tron

G-Man
4/30/2024 9:59 am UK

Public Enemies

R 2009 ‧ Crime/Action ‧ 2h 20m

Depression-era bank robber John Dillinger's (Johnny Depp) charm and audacity endear him to much of America's downtrodden public, but he's also a thorn in the side of J. Edgar Hoover (Billy Crudup) and the fledgling FBI. Desperate to capture the elusive outlaw, Hoover makes Dillinger his first Public Enemy Number One and assigns his top agent, Melvin Purvis (Christian Bale), the task of bringing him in dead or alive.

Anonymous Coward
4/30/2024 12:11 pm UK

The First Omen

The First Omen is a 2024 American supernatural horror film directed by Arkasha Stevenson, who co-wrote the screenplay with Tim Smith and Keith Thomas from a story by Ben Jacoby. It is a prequel to The Omen (1976), and the sixth film in The Omen franchise. The film stars Nell Tiger Free, Tawfeek Barhom, Sônia Braga, Ralph Ineson, and Bill Nighy. The plot follows an American woman sent to work at a church in Rome who uncovers a sinister conspiracy to bring about the birth of the Antichrist.

?
4/30/2024 2:04 pm UK

Anything 40's noir.

Laura

Prepare to enter a world of intrigue and mystery. A fantastically beautiful black and white world of opulence and glamour that was 1940's upper class New York.
Become involved and emersed with those who inhabit that world , Shelby, Ann , Waldo , Mark..

And of course..

Laura .

Not since 'the other Mrs. DeWinter' has an absent female personna so captivated haunted and dominated..

those who knew

and did not know her.

Anonymous Coward
5/1/2024 4:14 pm UK

Blade Runner 1982

Blonde Ice 1948
5/1/2024 10:50 pm UK

"You're drunk. GET OUT!

I thought I had you figured out. Now I do.

You're not a woman. You're cold.. cold as ice.

Yeah..

Blonde Ice"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M9EJrMm2hsU

Blonde Ice

1h 13m

Leslie Brooks and Robert Paige in Blonde Ice (1948)

A society reporter keeps herself in the headlines by marrying a series of wealthy men, all of whom die under mysterious circumstances.

Anonymous Coward
5/1/2024 11:32 pm UK

Righteous Kill

Detectives Thomas Cowan (Robert De Niro) and David Fisk (Al Pacino), 30-year veterans of the NYPD, investigate the murder of a pimp. The crime resembles a case they solved many years earlier.

As the body count rises, they realize they're dealing with a vigilante taking over when the police fail. The similarities between past and present crimes leads the detectives to wonder if they put the wrong man behind bars.

Anonymous Coward
5/2/2024 11:40 am UK

Grudge Match

Pittsburgh boxers Billy "The Kid" McDonnen (Robert De Niro) and Henry "Razor" Sharp (Sylvester Stallone) shared a fierce rivalry back in the 1980s. Each had scored a victory in two matches, but on the eve of their decisive third bout, Henry suddenly announced his retirement, effectively ending both boxers' careers. Thirty years later, boxing promoter Dante Slate Jr. (Kevin Hart) makes Billy and Henry an offer they can't refuse: Return to the ring and settle the score once and for all.

Van Stud
5/3/2024 3:57 pm UK

5 Card stud

5 card stud song;

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E8TunvrPA7M&pp=ygUWNSBjYXJkIHN0dWQgZnVsbCBtb3ZpZQ%3D%3D

"

In 1880, a gambler in the small town of Rincon, 100 miles from Denver, Colorado, is caught cheating at a five-card stud poker game.
The players, led by the volatile Nick Evers, take the cheating gambler to lynch him.
One of the players, Van Morgan , tries to prevent the others from administering frontier justice, but is unable to stop the killing. Morgan leaves town, but later returns when he hears that several of the other players from the poker game have become victims of grisly murders.

The town has a new resident, a stern and somewhat edgy Colt .45-carrying Baptist preacher named Reverend Rudd.
As more members of the lynch mob are killed off one by one, it becomes clear that someone is taking revenge, and it is up to Morgan to solve the mystery.
When Morgan is the last man from the poker game left alive, he realizes that Rudd is the murderer, and ..?
".

Anonymous Coward
5/3/2024 4:53 pm UK

Simone

A contemporary satire on Hollywood, "Simone" is the story of disillusioned producer Viktor Taransky (Al Pacino), who creates the first totally believable synthetic actress, Simone. However, swept up by her instant success, including a major singing career, the producer cannot bear to admit his fraud to the world or himself.

Anonymous Coward
5/3/2024 7:06 pm UK

Thanksgiving.
smiley

HANNIBAL'S VICTUALS ARE PEOPLE!
5/3/2024 9:04 pm UK

^ is "Thanksgiving" a movie..

Or a meal?

Hani?

Anonymous Coward
5/4/2024 9:27 pm UK

Blood for Dust 2023

Travelling salesman Cliff is drowning under the weight of providing for his family and finds himself on a dangerous path after a chance encounter with a colleague who has a dark past. Desperate to keep his fragile home life intact, Cliff agrees to partner with Ricky and run cocaine across Montana.

https://youtu.be/xczqIyLshww

Nowie
5/4/2024 10:53 pm UK

The Super Mario Bros film!

Anonymous Coward
5/6/2024 12:44 am UK

Sharper 2023

Motivations are suspect, and expectations are turned upside down, as a con artist takes on Manhattan billionaires.

3 'I love a mystery' films
5/6/2024 1:30 am UK

'The devil's mask 1946'

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-_81yFy_UaQ&pp=ygUVdGhlIGRldmlsJ3MgbWFzayAxOTQ2

Agreeably the best of the three 'I love a mystery' movies. (Which followed the great long running radio show)

Blow guns, shrunken heads, black panthers and all sorts of creepy creeps, these 3 movies (I love a mystery, Devil's Mask, The Unknown) have tons of twists, turns, witty reparte and superlative supporting characters.. not to mention terrific noir lighting..

Well worth the watch!

The Devil's mask
5/6/2024 1:31 am UK

'The devil's mask 1946'

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-_81yFy_UaQ&pp=ygUVdGhlIGRldmlsJ3MgbWFzayAxOTQ2

Agreeably the best of the three 'I live a mystery' movies.

Blow guns, shrunken heads, black panthers and all sorts of creepy creeps, these 3 movies (I love a mystery, Devil's Mask, The unknown) have tons of twists, turns, witty reparte and superlative supporting characters.. not to mention terrific noir lighting..

Well worth the watch!

Anonymous Coward
5/6/2024 4:41 am UK

I just watched Donnie Darko again and I finally get the ending, from the beginning. Mind trip.

Anonymous Coward
5/7/2024 4:35 am UK

Tron 2.0, when will it become 4K again?

Anonymous Coward
5/7/2024 12:17 pm UK

Elvis
2005 film

An exploration of the life of Elvis Presley, from humble beginnings to his rise to international stardom.
smiley

Anonymous Coward
5/7/2024 8:30 pm UK

Chief of Station (2024)

Ben is a former CIA station chief whose world comes crashing down after his wife, a former operative, dies in a terrible accident. Soon, a cryptic message sends him back into the shadowy underworld of Eastern Europe, teaming up with a former adversary to unravel a conspiracy that challenges everything he thought he knew about his wife and the agency that he worked for.
smiley

Anonymous Coward
5/8/2024 12:28 pm UK

Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire 2024

The Spengler family returns to the iconic New York City firehouse where the original Ghostbusters have taken ghost-busting to the next level. When the discovery of an ancient artifact unleashes an evil force, Ghostbusters new and old must unite to protect their home and save the world from a second ice age.

Anonymous Coward
5/8/2024 8:49 pm UK

The Big Lebowski
R 1998 ‧ Comedy/Crime ‧ 1h 57m

Jeff `The Dude' Leboswki is mistaken for Jeffrey Lebowski, who is The Big Lebowski. Which explains why he's roughed up and has his precious rug peed on. In search of recompense, The Dude tracks down his namesake, who offers him a job. His wife has been kidnapped and he needs a reliable bagman. Aided and hindered by his pals Walter Sobchak, a Vietnam vet, and Donny, master of stupidity.

Anonymous Coward
5/9/2024 5:18 pm UK

The Ridiculous 6 2015

2015 , Adventure, Action, Comedy, Western
119 min.

An outlaw who was raised by Native Americans discovers that he has five half-brothers. Together the men go on a mission to find their wayward, deadbeat dad.

Elaine
5/9/2024 9:53 pm UK

There are some excellent suggestions here. I like Prince of Darkness because They have liquid green Satan in a jar in the basement of a church. Plus there is Alice Cooper making his film debut as a demon/zombie/thing.

Well medicated for your protection. ॐ ♡

Elaine
5/9/2024 9:56 pm UK

The Big Lebowski

Excellent movie. Reminds me so much of curmy.

Elaine
5/9/2024 10:15 pm UK

The Devil's Mask sounds awesome. It's not on Amazon, though. The only place I see it on sale is here.

Elaine
5/9/2024 10:23 pm UK

I added it to the movies section with a link to youtube.

Page 1, 2, 3