Forum   

A Columbia Professor Wanted To Document History And NYPD Arrested Him Outside His Home

Anonymous Coward
5/5/2024 8:55 pm GMT

A Columbia Professor Wanted To Document History And NYPD Arrested Him Outside His Home

A Columbia Professor Wanted to Document History and NYPD Arrested Him Outside his Home
Sat May 4, 2024
NEW YORK, New York - Gregory Pflugfelder had just finished the final class of his career at Columbia.
Read More

The article failed to mention this was the Campus that the "protesters" picked up the metal police barricades and smashed in the doors of Hamilton hall. The doors were locked because Jewish students were inside seeking refuge from the Protestors.

Then started smashing the furniture and the windows out of the building from the inside.

It was then the Police went full Riot mode and began rounding up the students and staff that were in front of and inside Hamilton hall and taking them into custody.

This is the incident that actually got Biden to address the antisemite protests in a press conference.

Anonymous Coward
5/5/2024 9:01 pm UK

Re: A Columbia Professor Wanted To Document History And NYPD Arrested Him Outside His Home

Heres video of Police taking control of the building

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk9riHj9NbY

Anonymous Coward
5/5/2024 9:09 pm UK

Re: A Columbia Professor Wanted To Document History And NYPD Arrested Him Outside His Home

and the article failed to mention he teaches Gender studies also.

http://ealac.columbia.edu/gregory-m-pflugfelder/

Anonymous Coward
5/5/2024 9:12 pm UK

and lol

the article makes it sound like they went to his home to arrest him

He actually lives right across the street from hamilton hall and was in a crowd of other protestors

Elaine
5/5/2024 10:42 pm UK

"and the article failed to mention he teaches Gender studies also."

Just curious. What exactly do you think about gender studies and what is it?

Well medicated for your protection. ॐ ♡

smiley

Anonymous Coward
5/5/2024 11:44 pm UK

gender studies began as an offshoot of feminist criticism. Now its way beyond that. Basically, how society interacts with a certain gender.

In the beginning gender studies was a academic science, but that was when there were two genders, male and female.

Now its a crock of shit that claims there are 87 genders ( or more depending on your source)

What's happened is they started recognizing Mental Illness as Genders and started catering to them.

An example:

"I identify as a cat, so I need a kitty litter box in the back of the classroom that I can piss and shit in"

^^ not a joke this is actually happening in classrooms.

Your thoughts on the gender identity issue?
smiley

Elaine
5/6/2024 12:12 am UK

I'm fine with being female. I always liked guys, so I had no problem. I knew some lesbians over the years and lots of gay guys, and I never had any problems with them either.

People have been telling me, "You think like a man" my whole life. That was probably caused by the autism. "Logic is the most unfair way to win an argument," Curmy told me. That is true LOL.

The only bit I disliked about being female was my paycheck being 30% of what other programmers with the same skills and experience. I did consider getting a crew cut and taping my boobs down and giving myself a male name. I wonder if I would have made 300k/year in Silicon Valley instead of 80k.

I never took a gender studies class at the university. But curmy's 1st wife did, and had some books around the place about it. I read a bit of them and got bored and went back to my hard core sci-fi. But when I was young I did have to deal with the chase-around-the-desk routine. I was always satisfied to kick the wanker in the nuts and then watch him fall down and cry. That happened quite a few times over the years.

Good thing my dad taught me karate.

smiley

Elaine
5/6/2024 12:24 am UK

But to get back to the subject ... I have seen riots, run from them and been right in the fucking middle of them. Rodney king riots in Atlanta happened while I was attending the university.

The sound of the roar the mob makes is something you never forget. So I see protests from both sides. People should have their constitutional right to peaceful assembly, but when they start shooting and throwing bricks they have gone way too far.

I don't have any answers, really. People skills aren't my biggest talent.

Anonymous Coward
5/6/2024 12:30 am UK

What I don't understand is why these protestors have never mentioned the way women are treated in palestine?

Some of the students have even converted to Islam during all this. Boy are those girls in for a rude awakening.

I was in Saudi, Kuwait, Iraq and Afghanistan during my 22 year tenure in the USMC. Its crazy over there the way they treat women. And the LGBT people wouldn't survive a day there, they would be killed and no one would bat an eye.

Many of these students marched with the BLM movement fighting against racism, and now they are singling out a Race/Religion, Makes no sense to me.

Worlds gone mad. I dont care what people do, just dont do it on my lawn.

Elaine
5/6/2024 9:53 pm UK

"Some of the students have even converted to Islam"

Snopes just published saying that photo was "miscaptioned". Students not converting, they claim, just some already Muslim students busy with their prayer time. But who knows, really.

When I was a kid I really wanted to visit the middle east some day to see the pyramids and other ancient relics. But it has never been safe for women in those countries.

I can't even imagine being in the middle east all those years. I went to Israel decades ago and it was about 115F the whole time and nobody had air conditioners then. Holy fuck, that was miserable. And I would never be strong enough to be a Marine.

I remember vietnam vets coming home from the war when I was a kid. They would get off a bus or plane in Atlanta and be walking home, wherever it was. Gaunt, muscles of steel, and what they used to call a "thousand yard stare." I used to give them pop tarts, cup cakes, coca-colas and bottles of water. This was before I was ten. I still pray for those guys.

Anonymous Coward
5/7/2024 8:47 pm UK

I did 7 deployments in 22 years, Each lasting 5 to 13 months. Hard on the family life. Heat and Hygiene were the biggest issues for soldiers in the middle east.

In Afghanistan we were without running water and electricity for three months one time.

Elaine
5/8/2024 2:39 am UK

"In Afghanistan we were without running water and electricity for three months one time."

Holy shit. That's a long time. I used to know an Israeli soldier who showed me photos he had taken during the Rwanda genocide. It basically broke him. Seeing that would have broken me, too. His wife said I was the first person he had ever shown the photos to. Horrible photos. He said nobody should ever forget this.

Anonymous Coward
5/8/2024 5:24 am UK

'Rwanda genocide'

I vaguely recall being briefed on "Operation Support Hope" in 1994 but that wound up being a mostly Army operation. I think the the 11th Marine Expeditionary Unit went in to rescue some U.S. citizens back then, but don't quote me on that.