Forum   

Hims And Hers Company Loses $210 Million In Stock Value

Anonymous Coward
5/6/2024 3:33 pm GMT

Hims And Hers Company Loses $210 Million In Stock Value

HIMS stock is going flaccid after founder & CEO Andrew Dudum praised pro-Palestine protesters & encouraged them to apply for jobs at his company.

Hims stock, a male ED brand, was down 8% on Friday after Dudum said he was “eager” to hire these students.

“Moral courage > College degree. If you’re currently protesting against the genocide of the Palestinian people & for your university’s divestment from Israel, keep going. It’s working.”

“There are plenty of companies & CEOs eager to hire you, regardless of university discipline.”

Looks like cancel culture goes both ways.

Anonymous Coward
5/6/2024 3:37 pm UK

Re: Hims And Hers Company Loses $210 Million In Stock Value

Hims & Hers CEO walks back praise for anti-Israel protesters after stock drops

Hims & Hers founder and CEO Andrew Dudum said Sunday that his previous comments offering support for anti-Israel protesters on college campuses were "misconstrued by some" after the company's stock dipped.

In a thread on X, Dudum said he wished to clarify his earlier comments and said he does not support violence, antisemitism or intimidation.
smiley

Anonymous Coward
5/6/2024 4:33 pm UK

Being Pro Palestinian or anti genocide is not the same thing as anti semitism and only an idiot would think that.

Amazing how the pro Israel shills seem to ignore this fact.
smiley

Anonymous Coward
5/6/2024 8:01 pm UK

Don’t be genderist, rename the company to thems and theirs.

Anonymous Coward
5/6/2024 9:23 pm UK

Hims stock has been in free-fall the past six weeks and is only worth ~50% of its value of three years ago. I sympathize with the shareholders who are about to feel the Bud Light treatment.

It might make sense to keep your personal politics aside from the business.

Elaine
5/6/2024 10:21 pm UK

"Being Pro Palestinian or anti genocide is not the same thing as anti semitism and only an idiot would think that."

Since my only source of news is the media, I can only assume that I don't know enough about the situation in Israel to have an opinion.

But I can say that I don't give a fuck if some company I've never heard of looses it's ass on the stock market. Especially if the CEO caused it by running his mouth.

Well medicated for your protection. ॐ ♡

Anonymous Coward
5/6/2024 11:20 pm UK

I think it's more likely that given your history you simply don't care enough about the Palestinians to educate yourself to the horrors being committed by Israel, Elaine?

I know you were married to a Jewish man and may possibly even have half Jewish kids? I seem to remember that you lived in Israel in a kibbutz also?

Palestinians have been treated like second class citizens for decades and Israel is the world's only remaining actual apartheid state. I thought liberals cared about equal rights and fair treatment for opressed minorities? Yet time and time again you have continued to support an apartheid regime and delete anti Israeli rhetoric. It's pretty obvious where your allegiances lie on this one. That's up to you but I don't think you are really much of a liberal anymore IMHO. It definitely seems your Pro Judaism beliefs outweigh your natural lib tendencies?

Israel has continually murdered civilian men, women and children and foreign aid workers. The Israeli propaganda machine has been working overtime and has demonized people all around the world and called them anti Semites for simply speaking up about the Palestinian genocide. People have been arrested for displaying the Palestinian flag and lost their jobs for 'standing with palestine' on social media. Neither of these things are anti semitism but the Zionist movement within Judaism seems to have a lot of power and influence to get people 'cancelled'.

If you think that Mossad failing to notice the build up of missiles and the iron Dome failing to deal with the initial Hamas attacks is not evidence of a false flag then it would seem you were never really a CT person with an inquisitive mind? It's a blatant false flag.

I'm sure I won't change your mind here but I thought your comment deserved a decent rebuttal.

I'm not an anti semite but I am proudly anti Israel based on their actions and anti Zionist based on their globalist intentions.

Oh, and obviously genuine actual anti semitism is on the rise and the reason for this is due to Israel's actions.

What I see posted is along the lines of "Look how the Jews act when they have their own nation. They treat the Palestinians like the Nazis treated them. Maybe the Nazis were on to something".

It's becoming a hard point for even staunch anti Nazis to argue with.

Elaine
5/7/2024 2:01 am UK

"I know you were married to a Jewish man and may possibly even have half Jewish kids? I seem to remember that you lived in Israel in a kibbutz also?"

Nah. My first husband is Chinese, so my kids are half-asian, half ginger. I did marry a guy from Israel and spent some time there. No way could I stay in a kibbutz .... they all smell of cow shit. yuck.

But I didn't have any kids with the jewish guy. I dumped him pretty quickly after we got married because of extreme narcissistic assholishness. No idea where he is these days.

Things were fairly peaceful back when I was in Israel. But when I visited Jerusalem, the tension was fucking weird. I bought a few souvenirs from an arabic guy who had a shop. (scarf, coffee pot, stuff like that) My husband treated him like shit. Very rude. So naturally I was determined to be nice to the guy.

He liked my blue eyes, and offered to buy me and would pay all his camels for me. I said no, but he can buy my husband for one chicken. We both smiled. Hubby was furious, but I didn't care, really.

The only people who gave me any shit during that trip were jewish people. Some asshole in a hat with long side hair (ultra orthodox or something) was shouting at me for wearing pants, or some shit.

It's easier for me, because I am not a member of any of the Abrahamic religions. I am wiccan. So I don't give a fuck what the god of abraham wants.

Well medicated for your protection. ॐ ♡

Nowie
5/7/2024 5:20 am UK

Quote Mrs Elaine

Since my only source of news is the media, I can only assume that I don't know enough about the situation in Israel to have an opinion.

You're wise enough to know what they're not saying and remaining non-committal in their argument.

But to quote a really great game franchise that was recently turned into a tv show due to its awesomeness.

Fallout

"War never changes."

Anonymous Coward
5/7/2024 10:23 am UK

Fallout

"War never changes."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a great Fallout meme!

https://imgur.com/a/JEwcP2z

Nowie
5/7/2024 2:34 pm UK

Fallout

"War never changes."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a great Fallout meme!

Lolcatz that's hilarious!

Anonymous Coward
5/7/2024 3:14 pm UK

Heres another one I made

https://imgur.com/a/Arxd8mi

Nowie
5/7/2024 4:39 pm UK

Heres another one I made

[url
[url]

And there we go... The disappointing sequel!

You already showed it at Lop and it doesn't include the self-deprecating humour of the first imgur in this thread...

Nevertheless, we encourage vulgarism, and the poo thread is emblematic of AE. 90% of AE posts are to The Official Poo Thread because under Mrs Elaine tutorage we learned the importance of viewing our poo after her experience as a nurse!

Nowie Da Pisspot
5/7/2024 4:42 pm UK

How drunk am I? Damn...

[url
[/url]

Whoops I really rooted that up! I know I'm drunk again; I'm following in the footsteps of FD.

Root my life!

Nowie
5/7/2024 4:46 pm UK

[url]
[url]

I checked the code this time... I hope it works...

Profound sadness at screwing up a post on the venerable AE!

Nowie
5/7/2024 4:48 pm UK

Nowei
5/7/2024 4:49 pm UK

Yay!@!

Maybe I should stop drinking tonite everydood thinks I'm a tard!

Anonymous Coward
5/7/2024 4:54 pm UK

'You already showed it at Lop'

I dont post on LOP

Nowie
5/7/2024 7:20 pm UK

'You already showed it at Lop'

I dont post on LOP

I already saw it, maybe I saw it here at AE. The last few hours have kind of been a blort...